The Healthcare Litigation Group at Shaub, Ahmuty, Citrin & Spratt, LLP is a leading and respected professional liability defense group led by Partners Henry Z. Shaub, Marc J. Citrin and William G. Spratt. The team is highly knowledgeable and experienced in the complex and emotional medical malpractice arena.
Practicing exclusively in this field, our team of medical malpractice attorneys is able to communicate effectively with physicians and healthcare providers in their own language. As counsel to several of the most prominent healthcare institutions in the country, we are able to leverage our access to a network of preeminent medical experts at each stage of the litigation process in order to best defend our clients.
Our attorneys understand the value of resolving cases by early settlement or ADR proceedings, when this course is advisable and in the client's best interests. Alternatively, our willingness to proceed to trial when necessary and our impeccable trial record instills in our clients confidence in our ability to successfully represent them. Clients retain us to reserve losses of cases previously lost, to help preserve a win or to monitor work for insurance companies from a legal issues standpoint.
On average, we try in excess of 25 medical malpractice cases to verdict each year, winning favorable verdicts in the vast majority of our cases. These include cases in which the plaintiffs have rejected substantial settlement offers. Additionally, we work with clients to ensure their day-to-day liability exposure is minimized and provide risk management counseling and strategies for avoiding legal action.
- Starting off November with a Significant Win In The Second Circuit Court of Appeals to Protect Our Clients11.05.2020
- In A 49 Page Decision, J. Sandra Feuerstein of the EDNY Dismisses All Allegations of 1983 Civil Rights Violations and Medical Malpractice in Aggressively Contested Case07.01.2019
- Justice O'Donoghue In Queens County Agrees Hospital and Electrophysiologist Met Standard of Care in Cardiac Management of Decedent and Grants Summary Judgment04.16.2019
- Jason Corrado Obtains Defense Verdict In Nassau County Following Testimony of Nine Different Experts03.06.2019
- Justice Rakower Convinced Following Oral Argument That Standard of Care Was Met In Surgical Clearance02.01.2019
- SACS Successfully Argues Hospital Appropriately Followed Direction of Attending OB, Mduba Liability Did Not Exist And Grants Summary Judgment01.15.2019
- Causation Argument Successful In Obtaining Order of Summary Judgment In Case With Demand of $9.5 Million01.09.2019
- Decision Not to Administer tPA Appropriate Resulting In Order of Summary Judgment In Richmond County In Case With $10 Million Demand12.21.2018
- Henry Shaub Closed 2018 With His Third Defense Verdict That Year In A Hard Fought New York County Case12.20.2018
- Plaintiff Presents Conclusory Expert Affirmation From Physician or Different Specialty Who Was Not Practicing At Time of Care Resulting in Order of Summary Judgment12.14.2018
- Plaintiff's Failure To Report Medical Malpractice Case as Bankruptcy Asset Results in Dismissal in The Bronx12.07.2018