Commitment to the Community
Shaub, Ahmuty, Citrin & Spratt LLP is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and an exemplary corporate citizen. We are invested in the communities in which we live and work, and we find fulfillment and camaraderie sharing our time and talents.
Indeed, we believe our work inside the office is bolstered by working together outside the office toward the greater good. To that end, our Social Action Committee coordinates hands-on volunteering projects that bring together our lawyers and professional staff across all firm locations.
Among the organizations we have recently supported:
- The Renaissance Youth Center in The Bronx provides after-school and enrichment programs for more than 400 young people. During the holiday season, we fulfilled gift requests issued through letters to Santa from children in the program. Gifts ranged from simple necessities, such as socks and pajamas, to toys and video games.
- Food Bank for New York City works to end food poverty in the five boroughs. The firm assembled a team - including representative attorneys, paralegals and professional staff from multiple offices - to prepare and serve meals int he Harlem community kitchen.
- Northport Veterans Affairs Medical Center serves veterans across the Long Island area. Through the hospital's "Valentines for Vets" program, we provided care packages for the patients who so honorably served our country.
- Long Island Cares - The Harry Chapin Food Bank serves thousands of individuals and families in need. During the COVID-19 shelter-in-place orders, our attorneys and staff collaborated on a virtual fundraising drive to benefit the food bank.
- Pro Bono Program - We believe the privilege of practicing the law comes with a responsibility to ensure access to justice. We are are proud to have a pro bono program in conjunction with Her Justice, helping women in poverty get access to legal representation
- Needs Scholarship - Shaub, Ahmuty, Citrin & Spratt LLP has established a partial-needs scholarship for a student at St. John's University School of Law in order to aid in providing the opportunity to develop the future's legal minds.
For more information on our Social Action Committee, contact chairwoman Laura M. Papa. firstname.lastname@example.org