Nicholas Tam is a Partner in the Firm’s Litigation/Appellate Strategy & Advocacy Group. Nicholas’ practice is concentrated on appellate, healthcare, and medical malpractice law.
Selected by Thomson Reuters, Rising Stars, in New York Metro from 2018 - 2022, Nicholas has briefed and argued appeals in the First, Second and Fourth Departments. Inside the courtroom, Nicholas aims for clarity and persuasiveness when advocating for his clients.
Prior to joining Shaub, Ahmuty, Citrin & Spratt in 2013, Nicholas was a Judicial Fellow for the Honorable Justice Sheri S. Roman of the Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department of the State of New York. With his first-hand experience gained from working in the Appellate Division and in practice, Nicholas is adept at advising clients in all areas of appellate law and case management with effective litigation strategy advice.
Nicholas received his juris doctorate from Hofstra University School of Law in 2012 where he was a member of the Moot Court Society. He is the recipient of the Hofstra Student Advocacy Award of Outstanding Achievement and the Pro-Bono Gold Award by the Public Justice Foundation. During law school, Nicholas interned at AARP Foundation Litigation in Washington, D.C., the Office of the New York State Attorney General, and the Office of the Nassau County Attorney.
He received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, honors specialization, from the University of Western Ontario in 2009.
Honors & Recognitions
The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch (Woodward/White, Inc.)
- Insurance Law, 2023
- Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, 2023
Thomson Reuters, Rising Stars
- New York Metro: 2018 – 2023
Top Attorneys New York Metro Area's Outstanding Young Lawyers, 2018 and 2019
Community & Professional
Asian American Bar Association of New York
South Asian Bar Association of New York
New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Shaub Ahmuty Citrin & Spratt Attorneys Named to 2023 New York Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists10.10.2023
- The SACS Litigation/Appellate Strategy & Advocacy Group at the Forefront in Eliminating Non-Viable Causes of Action in CVA Cases04.30.2021
- SACS Appellate Group Wins In First Department, Obtaining Leave To Assert Collateral Estoppel Defense Prior To Trial10.22.2020
- Second Department Upholds SACS Defense Verdict In Medical Malpractice Action Alleging Negligent Lung Puncture During Cortisone Injection08.12.2020
- SACS Appellate Group Prevails: Second Department Reverses Lower Court, Granting Summary Judgment To Medical Malpractice Defendants07.23.2020
Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2012
University of Western Ontario, B.A., Political Science, Honors Specialization, 2009
- New York, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York