The chairman of the firm’s Litigation/Appellate Strategy & Advocacy Group, Chris provides pragmatic counsel informed by experience inside the Court as well as before it.
Before entering private practice, Chris served as a Senior Court Attorney in the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Second Department. He handled hundreds of cases on different issues, from criminal law to a wide variety of civil matters. This provided him a deep understanding of how the court functions and how judges work – practical knowledge he applies for clients today.
Chris focuses his practice on complex, high-exposure litigation and frequently works on behalf of leading excess carriers. He has litigated hundreds of appeals and motions in state and federal trial and appellate courts in personal injury, labor law, general and professional liability defense, insurance coverage and other areas.
In addition to traditional appeals, Chris provides proactive counsel on summary judgment motions. He helps trial attorneys refine their arguments and anticipate potential appellate issues.
Chris is a regular speaker on appellate practice at the St. John’s University School of Law, his alma mater, and other continuing legal education programs, and he has lectured on labor law at the New York State Trial Lawyers Association. His work has been published in the New York Law Journal, the New York State Bar Association’s Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section Journal, the Defense Association of New York’s The Defendant, and The Nassau Lawyer.
Honors & Recognitions
America's Most Honored Lawyers, 2020
Super Lawyers New York Metro, 2021
- Appellate Team Victorious in Upholding Affirminance of an Order Granting Defendants' Motion to Compel03.24.2022
- SACS Appellate Group Prevails: First Department Reverses Lower Court’s Order Granting Plaintiff Summary Judgment On His Labor Law §240(1) Claim12.17.2020
- Starting off November with a Significant Win In The Second Circuit Court of Appeals to Protect Our Clients11.05.2020
- Second Department Upholds SACS Defense Verdict In Medical Malpractice Action Alleging Negligent Lung Puncture During Cortisone Injection08.12.2020
- SACS Appellate Group Prevails: Second Department Reverses Lower Court, Granting Summary Judgment To Medical Malpractice Defendants07.23.2020
- SACS Appellate Group Wins Affirmance of Order Dismissing Indemnification Claims Arising From Crane Collapse10.08.2019
- SACS Appellate Group Obtains Significant Remittitur In Spinal Fusion/CRPS Case in Appellate Division, Second Department08.15.2018
St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 1994
St. John’s University, B.S. in Finance, 1991
- New York
- District Court for the Southern District of New York
- District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit