As a leader of the firm’s Medical Malpractice group, Marc defends doctors, nurses, hospitals and other healthcare providers in complex litigation. Marc applies well-honed trial acumen to achieve success in the courtroom and to mentor the next generation of litigators at the firm he co-founded.
Marc is a first-call resource for clients facing the highest stakes; he routinely succeeds at trials with complex medical issues involved. Through decades of experience, he has developed a deep understanding of all areas of medicine, and he combines this knowledge with courtroom savvy to aggressively pursue the best possible outcomes for his clients. He has tried hundreds of cases to verdict.
Marc honed his trial skills in the New York County District Attorney’s Office, where he served with distinction as an Assistant District Attorney before entering private practice. There, he prosecuted misdemeanor and felony cases – and cultivated a passion for justice that he now brings to defending healthcare professionals.
Prior to co-founding the firm in 1994, Marc was a Senior Trial Partner at Bower & Gardner. He has been recognized by his peers in Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyers®, New York Metro from 2011 – 2022 and The Best Lawyers in America® for Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants 2011 – 2024, among others.
Honors & Recognitions
Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyers®
- New York Metro: 2011 – 2022
The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.)
- Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, 2011 – 2024
Top Attorneys in the New York Metro Area, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2015
America's Most Honored Professionals, 2020, 2015
- Top 1%, 2015
Community & Professional
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Second Department Upholds SACS Defense Verdict In Medical Malpractice Action Alleging Negligent Lung Puncture During Cortisone Injection08.12.2020
New York Law School, J.D.
The City College of New York, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York