Physicians, hospital professionals, and claims representatives depend on Lena Holubnyczyj to expertly guide them through the appeals process in complex medical malpractice matters. She diligently drafts appellate briefs and motions, distilling technical legal and medical issues in a way that makes the difficult jargon easily comprehensible.
The medical community and their insured professionals benefit from Lena’s passionate representation. Applying over 10 years of experience in medical malpractice defense, she prides herself on applying her expertise to all stages of the litigation process, especially motion and appellate practice, to examine a case from a unique point of view that provides valuable legal advice to each individual she represents.
Prior to pursuing a legal career, Lena worked as a certified physician assistant in numerous specialized areas of medicine — including general surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, interventional cardiology, and cardiac electrophysiology — which provides her with invaluable first-hand experiences and in-depth medical knowledge allowing her to write sophisticated medical malpractice appellate briefs and motions.
Lena rejoined Shaub, Ahmuty, Citrin & Spratt in 2019, having previously worked at the firm from 2009 to 2011. Just prior to rejoining the firm she worked for a large regional healthcare system as Senior Claims Counsel in the Department of Risk Management. Clients benefit from Lena’s well-rounded practice and plethora of medical based professional experiences.
- Shaub Ahmuty Attorneys’ Published in Risk Management Journal on Burden on Quality Assurance Privilege for Non-Party Statements06.21.2022
- Appellate Team Victorious in Upholding Affirminance of an Order Granting Defendants' Motion to Compel03.24.2022
- The SACS Litigation/Appellate Strategy & Advocacy Group at the Forefront in Eliminating Non-Viable Causes of Action in CVA Cases04.30.2021
New York Law School, J.D., Magna cum Laude, 2005
Queens College, B.A.
- New York, 2006
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court