Gerard S. Rath works assiduously with insurance adjusters and trial defense teams to develop strategies and problem solve in litigation and on appeal. Inquisitive and quick-thinking, Gerard is adept at challenging statements and actions of the opposition.
Gerard applies his detail-oriented and disciplined character strengths procured during his time in the military to meticulously assess the liability of a claim. Using the firm’s unique and valuable institutional knowledge on damages, he approaches complex matters with a keen eye for attempts to inflate claims to increase awards.
His comprehensive evaluation of cases identifies key areas where plaintiffs are not being forthright, or their claim is without valid foundation. Gerard passionately defends clients, addressing underlying issues and revealing narrative motives by plaintiffs to recover beyond claims damages.
Although a New Yorker for more than two decades, Gerard prides himself on his Midwest sensibilities. His approachable and amiable disposition facilitates open communication and develops a comfortable rapport with clients.
- SACS Appellate Group Wins Major Victory: Unanimous Reversal of Summary Judgment Against Client in 4-Story Elevator Fall Involving 15 Injured Workers05.16.2019
- SACS Appellate Group Prevails In Appellate Division, First Department on Basis of Waiver of Subrogation and Antisubrogation04.18.2019
- SACS Appellate Group Prevails On Declaratory Judgment Coverage Appeal in First Department Involving Dispute Over Application Of Burlington Decision03.27.2019
- SACS Appellate Group Prevails on Summary Judgment In Three Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Cases In Two Weeks07.27.2018
St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2003
University of Missouri at Columbia, B.A., 1992
- New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2005