Jack crafts sophisticated litigation and appellate strategies that ensure his clients are best positioned through every phases of the process.
Jack has, over his decade-plus of litigation experience, developed valuable legal acumen and a keen ability to articulate arguments, both of which he brings to bear on complex and high exposure insurance defense cases and commercial matters. His direct writing style and pragmatic problem-solving approach lend clients confidence in both his briefs and his case assessments.
Jack honed his skilled approach while litigating a wide variety of commercial disputes for both plaintiffs and defendants, and is adept at thinking one step ahead, identifying key case issues to preemptively address challenges.
Jack worked for a time as a communications consultant at the polling and consulting firm Luntz Global, where he helped entertainment, energy, health care and political clients sharpen messages for public appeal. His unique combination of intellectual rigor and forceful storytelling reframes disputes to highlight his clients’ strongest points while isolating his adversaries’ weaknesses. His writing on appellate issues has been published in the New York Law Journal.
Before joining Shaub, Ahmuty, Citrin & Spratt, Jack practiced international commercial and bankruptcy litigation at an AmLaw 100 firm and two boutique litigation firms.
Abedin v. Roadtex Transportation Corp., __ A.D.3d __ (2d Dep’t, Nov. 11, 2020) (obtaining reversal of order precluding social media discovery from Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat accounts and last known addresses and phone numbers of three of infant plaintiff’s friends in case involving claims of wrongful death and emotional distress/zone of danger, with accompanying claim of “$12,000,000 in expenses for psychotherapy and psychopharmacological medication throughout [infant plaintiff’s] lifetime”)
- SACS Appellate Group Wins In First Department, Obtaining Leave To Assert Collateral Estoppel Defense Prior To Trial10.22.2020
- In Appeal From $20.75MM Judgment, SACS Appellate Group Obtains New Trial On Liability & Huge Reduction In Damages Verdict to $2.33MM02.19.2020
- SACS Appellate Group Wins Major Victory: Unanimous Reversal of Summary Judgment Against Client in 4-Story Elevator Fall Involving 15 Injured Workers05.16.2019
- SACS Appellate Group Prevails In Appellate Division, First Department on Basis of Waiver of Subrogation and Antisubrogation04.18.2019
- SACS Appellate Group Prevails On Declaratory Judgment Coverage Appeal in First Department Involving Dispute Over Application Of Burlington Decision03.27.2019
- SACS Appellate Group Wins Another Dismissal of Catastrophic Injury Complaint On Summary Judgment In Difficult Venue09.13.2018
- SACS Appellate Group Obtains Summary Judgment Dismissing Complaint In Wrongful Death and Catastrophic Personal Injury Claim08.02.2018
- SACS Appellate Group Prevails on Summary Judgment In Three Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Cases In Two Weeks07.27.2018
- Ahead to the Past (Part III of III): The Evolution of New Rules of Engagement in the Age of Social Inflation and Nuclear Verdicts07.27.2020
- Ahead to the Past (Part II of III): The Evolution of New Rules of Engagement in the Age of Social Inflation and Nuclear Verdicts07.20.2020
- Ahead to the Past: The Evolution of New Rules of Engagement in the Age of Social Inflation and Nuclear Verdicts07.13.2020
Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2007
University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2004
- New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2008